Pontiac wheels

Popular Hot Rodding
Item Posts    Sort Order

Pontiac wheels

jefro65 jefro65
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 09/10/11
12:29 PM

I picked up a matching numbers Pontiac Ventura II 350ci/Th350. I am looking to find out my original wheel options for that year to make it period correct. Which ralley wheels or rims are they???  

gtomustang gtomustang
Enthusiast | Posts: 457 | Joined: 06/09
Posted: 09/14/11
08:24 AM

I sure hope you're keeping that Pontiac 350...it'll swallow a 4" or even 4.5" stroke crank easily.  the former will get you 383 cid, and you can bolt on 6X or other heads, as long as the valve will clear the cylinder walls.

As for the rims, think first about how big a brake package you want to put in...you can get 15" rally rims from mid to late 80's Formula Firebirds in the junkyard.  Also, most Ventura rims not put on the one year GTO option, were steel rims with full hubcaps, from what I can remember. Can you mix a basic aluminum rim with steel hubcaps?  I'm not sure, maybe Stockton Wheel can answer that question.  But if you're gonna go with a steel rim, I'm going to guess one from the 80's or 90's will have less steel in it for fuel economy, and that would help out your handling, so it may be an idea to experiment with.  
Just because you can't do it...doesn't mean its impossible

dond1965 dond1965
New User | Posts: 48 | Joined: 12/13
Posted: 12/01/13
06:36 PM

the car probably had rallye II units,which are a styled stamped steel design.