Ad Radar
Popular Hot Rodding
Click here to find out more!

Searching for Wildfire. Custom 1967 Mustang.

Popular Hot Rodding
Item Posts    Sort Order

Searching for Wildfire. Custom 1967 Mustang.

jazham jazham
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/12
Posted: 09/24/12
10:05 PM

I am searching for a 67 Mustang convertible that was featured in PHR magazine in the mid 80's. The car was a custom that was shown on the ISCA show car circuit for several years. Last known location of the car was the Alamo Car Museum in New Braunfels, Texas. The car was sold and the museum was closed. This car is one of a kind with twin turbos and Gurney-Westlake heads. Custom yellow paint and every nut and bolt was either chrome or gold plated. Any info on where this car may be is greatly appreciated.  

keith graves keith graves
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/13
Posted: 12/08/13
07:44 PM

The car you are looking for ( Wildfire ) was built in Humble Tx by Ed Murry.
The car was a nice car to look at and it had some cool features. The gauges in the dash
Were from I believe a Kawasaki and the seats were custom built. It was painted
At Dennis Evens paint and body shop also in Humble Tx. And the custom paint work
Done was applied by a man named Fred Lawson. I was working for the shop when the
Car was being built. I have pictures I took of the car and I never seen so much foam
Rubber used in my whole life to keep the car from getting scratched. I did have the
Opportunity to have dinner with Michael Martin Murphy and tell him about the car.
He thought it was pretty cool and then told me how he conceived the idea for his song.