painting hot rods

Popular Hot Rodding
Item Posts    Sort Order

painting hot rods

timoithycline9 timoithycline9
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/19/09
12:45 AM

To whom it may concern, My name is Tim Cline, I am looking for a full time job in a Hot Rod shop in North Florida. I have over 30 years of painting under my belt. I have worked on some Hot Rods & help build a couple of Custom Motorcyles. One I just compleated a couple of months ago will be in a upcoming edtion of Easy Rider Msgizine. I was contacted by Pisino Publications from California that the bike was going to be in there magizine.I helped paint a 34 Ford coupe, did all the body work,primed & painted it with help from a couple of friends, it was painted a 62 Cadilac Firemist Red, with about 4 coats of clear, the car was equipted with a 427 ci, 2 650cfm Holly Carbs, Hooker Headers & a Crane cam we instaled. Another favorite was a 1956 Chevy Corvette, we painted it Canary Yellow, & placed Black Lace on the hood & trunk areas. I also help build a 1956 Chevy for the Drag Races, 350 ci,550 Isky Roller Cam, 2850 cfm Hollys on a Elderbrock Manifold it put out about 680 hp on a dyno. But my true passion lies with working on Hot Rods & Custom Cars. I use to travel on the ISCA show circut mainley in the Ind-Ohio area. I have painted a lot of diffrent things in my 30 years, a lot of corperate aircraft, Lear Jets,Falcons, Grumman g-1 g-2 g-3 Jet Stars. I have a vast knowledge of sanding,buffing,wet sanding, color sanding,use of fiberglass cloth & resin,taping, masking, doing layouts with fine line tape & so on. I hope to get some response from this, I hope it works. Iam very gifted in these areas. Thank you for your time, my e-mail is timothycline2@aol.com, thanks again. TIM  

riversidepartsdepot riversidepartsdepot
User | Posts: 59 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 12/01/09
11:08 AM

Hey Tim, how about posting a link to some pictures? It sure would be nice to see some of your work. You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words...  
Frank the Crank
www.amberlightgarage.com