Ad Radar
Popular Hot Rodding
Click here to find out more!

1976 LAGUNA S3 EMBLEMS/REAR AND FRONT RUBBER BUMPER STRIPS.

Popular Hot Rodding
Item Posts    Sort Order

1976 LAGUNA S3 EMBLEMS/REAR AND FRONT RUBBER BUMPER STRIPS.

lagunaboy lagunaboy
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 11/02/09
07:09 PM

I know that these item's are rare, I do have plenty of s3 emblems, but need the acrylic part with the flags under them, let me know if anyone has or can tell me if you know of any one with these item's, I am refreshing my 76 s3 even know it was in great shape to begin with, it is now down to the metal..thanks  tallison6@cogeco.ca  

DoctorLarry DoctorLarry
New User | Posts: 48 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 11/02/09
07:50 PM

These are not available separately.  Some were plastic and some were metal, depending on the emblem vendor. Over time the adhesive dried up and the inserts fell out.  The closest thing that I have seen is a set of plastic repro inserts.  They are made by a guy named George LaBoda.  He lives in Pennsylvania and reproduced the inserts on a self adhesive plastic film.  You stick them in the boxes in the emblems.  They look pretty good, considering I've seen NOS emblems go for $350 on EBAY.  He sells the inserts occasionally on EBAY for about $25 for a set of four.  They look good and he is a standup guy to deal with. I've only seen one NOS rub strip on EBAY in the last 5 years or so and it went big.  Good luck on those.  By the way, I have the black 76 Laguna in the Reader's Rides section.  

Johnny Hunkins Johnny Hunkins
Moderator | Posts: 272 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 11/03/09
06:00 PM

I was at Steve Yoder's house this summer, and he actually has a couple of NOS emblems. They looked brand new to me. I think he was the one who sold a set on eBay a while back. I think he got $350 for them.

Back in the day, he bought out a Chevy dealership. Had all his NOS Laguna parts stored in a building that went up in flames. The small emblems he had in his home garage, and were spared.  

DoctorLarry DoctorLarry
Posted: 11/04/09
06:40 AM

I have a high school friend in Indiana that bought a 76 Laguna in the late 70's.  It currently only has about 52,000 miles on it.  It is stored along with his 66 big block vette (that he also bought in high school and has kept!). I saw him at our 30 year reunion and he told me he did the same thing.  We had a friend that owned the chevy dealerhip in town so we had a hookup on parts from way back (still *** He has eight complete sets of emblems that he bought sitting.  His car doesn't need them because it still looks like brand new.It is a true "survivor".  

lagunaboy lagunaboy
New User | Posts: 9 | Joined: 11/09
Posted: 01/13/10
02:31 PM

If your friend is willing to part with a set I would be very grateful and pay a premium price and a finders fee,, please email Tim Allison tallison6@cogeco.ca

Thanks  

kurtd102 kurtd102
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 06/21/10
05:14 AM

I too am looking for the emblems or inserts. If you have a number for George Laboda or another source for them I would appreciate the information. These emblems are the final piece of restoring my 76 laguna  

DoctorLarry DoctorLarry
Posted: 06/22/10
06:29 PM

George LaBoda's email address is gdlaboda@aol.com for the emblem inserts.  He only does limited runs so I hope he still has some.  

Darkcalling Darkcalling
New User | Posts: 7 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 07/28/10
12:36 PM

Well if theres anyway to wrangle that survivor out of him I am looking big time?  

tazz1329 tazz1329
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 09/09
Posted: 01/19/12
01:03 PM

hi how are you doing.
Have you found the part you are looking for. If not can you send me a photo of it.
If it's the one that I have they are not factory I had had read produced.
It is hard to find someone to do that in the actual size. Weekend e-mail meat at
(kctazz1329@gmail.com) please send a photo of it if you had a photo of the. And let me know if you have found the parts are not.

Thanks Ken  
This is an 1976 Laguna S3 i got it last year only had home for about 8 min and then my 5 year old son told me that it his car and i can,t have it so i title it in his name. We take it to the car show around here it done very good in them.
 If you go to (www.youtube.com/tazz1329 ) you can see some video of this car and more

bigdaddy54 bigdaddy54
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/12
Posted: 01/20/12
08:33 AM

Does anyone know where I can get the a/c dash vents for a 1976 laguna or malibu?