mopar small block into a 56 Buick Super

Popular Hot Rodding
Item Posts    Sort Order

mopar small block into a 56 Buick Super

56 Buick 56 Buick
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 03/13/08
07:44 PM

I'm working on a 1956 Buick Super 4dr hardtop that has been sitting in my garage for the better part of three years.  My original intention was to rebuild the stock drive train and try to get a little more performance out of the engine, but in researching I have discovered that performance parts for the 322 nailhead are extremely difficult, if not impossible, to find.  Thus, I have decided to put in a different engine into the car but would like to steer clear of the typical chevy transplant.  I have a running 360 Mopar small block with the 727 auto trans out of an 84 Chrysler conversion van that I would like to use but am unsure what would need to be done to install the engine into the Buick.  Aside from fabricating the custom motor mounts, would I have to modify/swap out the engine crossmember in favor of a mopar x-member?  If anyone has any light to shed on this engine transplant, or on any engine swap at all(procedures for a different swap will still be educational and maybe give me ideas on what to do in my case), I would greatly appreciate your advice.  I'm trying to build a reliable street machine that I can take on the power tour and still have room to take all of my friends with me on road trips and nights out on the town.  Thank you.