70 AMX article

Popular Hot Rodding
Item Posts    Sort Order

70 AMX article

prostreetamx prostreetamx
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 09/06
Posted: 09/24/06
02:34 AM

I don't know where the owner of the recently featured AMX got his info on the 5.7 Hemi being to wide to fit in his engine bay without cutting his shock towers, but I currently have a 2004 truck 5.7 Hemi installed in my 72 Javelin. It actually fit pretty good with only a slight trimming of the back of the engine crossmember. There is plenty of room for the stock shock towers. I even used the stock slightly modified AMC motor mount on the passenger side. I did have to make a custom mount for the drivers side to clear the new U-jointed steering shaft since the original shaft would have run through the head. I used the original overdrive trans that came with the Hemi and this did cause me to redo the trans tunnel to fit this rather large trans. This setup solved my desire to have a clasic body with all the modern touches such as fuel injection,overdrive,cruise,tilt, power everything. I also used the truck dash after sectioning it to fit. The car rides on a full Air Ride suspension. I have owned and modified many AMCs and know what it takes to be different. The aftermarket is slow to make much for this long forgoten marque. I have the same problem finding an upgrade front brake for my car but the brakes used on the AMX are a limited small production run unit priced to match this lack of availabilty. My car is not yet finished but should be this spring and I will readress the brake issue as it nears completion. More details about my project can be found on the AMCFORUMS.com and the following link for pictures.     http://groups.msn.com/amcsforever2/197257hemijavelinproject.msnw  

revolutionary revolutionary
User | Posts: 76 | Joined: 07/06
Posted: 09/24/06
10:45 PM

Cool, sounds like a major swap.  I was just happy to see that in the article the owner kept the same styling and paint themes but updated.  
www.revolutionaryperformance.com

thebaer thebaer
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 10/06
Posted: 10/11/06
09:35 AM

I may not be doing this correctly.  In the article by Stephen Kim, on page 32 of the November, 2006 issue, there is a reference to "WSC Motorsports of Stone Mountain, Georgia,built the custom front coilovers, rear leafs, shocks, and sway bars."  I can't find WSC Motorsports anywhere in the Atlanta, Georgia area.  Can anyone help?  email = tiffanycars@yahoo.com  

Reagam Reagam
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 11/06
Posted: 11/02/06
05:09 PM

Go here:

http://www.classicone.com/wsc/catalog/amc_x.htm

Steve